This short branchline from Spring Vale was opened to passengers on Jan. 18 1904 to service the newly built "Necropolis." Traffic consisted
of hearse wagons that conveyed corpses for burial. The line was electrified on Oct. 31 1922. The 1939 suburban timetable shows one return
trip being made on Sundays, presumably for people visiting graves. Train service was discontinued as from Jan. 2 1951, 3 months later the
overhead was removed and by June 1952 the line was dismantled. The Sandown Park racecourse and raceway now occupies part of the right
of way. A short section still survives as a siding that branches off at the down end of the down line at Springvale.